Many of our patients come to us because they are concerned about the appearance of their teeth. They may have discolored teeth, teeth that are worn down, chipped or broken teeth, misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth, or gaps. One of the dental solutions we recommend for such problems is porcelain veneers.
A veneer is a wafer-thin custom-made layer that essentially covers any imperfection in the teeth. It is made of porcelain or other resin composite material that is designed to cover the front of the teeth to improve its appearance. It can alter the shape, color or size of a tooth or a set of teeth. It can whiten, straighten, correct worn down teeth, or remove gaps.
But what makes porcelain veneers better than resin veneers is that it’s stain resistant and can mimic the ability of natural teeth to reflect light.
- First we will diagnose and create a treatment plan for you. We will examine your teeth to determine if veneers are indeed the right option for your specific situation.
- We will need prepare your tooth or teeth for the veneer by removing a bit of enamel from each tooth’s surface. A local anesthetic will be applied to numb the area so that you won’t feel any discomfort.
- Then we will make an impression of your teeth so that we can construct your veneers. It usually takes 1-2 weeks to do this.
- Once ready, you’ll need to come back to our office so we can bond your dental veneers permanently. We will thoroughly clean your tooth or teeth before cementing the veneers.
- Finally, a special light beam will be applied on the veneers so that it will harden.
It usually takes 2 visits to our clinic here in Haverford PA to complete the treatment:
Why Choose Porcelain Veneers?
Many of our patients with cosmetic dental problems choose porcelain veneers because of the numerous benefits it offers. Porcelain veneers are very natural-looking and highly durable. It can last a lifetime if you take good care of it. Just make sure to stop any damaging habits like nail biting or biting into ice or candy. You should also practice good oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly for cleaning and checkups.
If you are looking for the best solution for correcting problems with your teeth – especially your front teeth – ask us about porcelain veneers. Call (610) 642-2669 for an appointment and we’ll be happy to discuss this option with you.