Dr. Reilly has been using Digital Radiography (” X-Rays”) for over 5 years and has found that digital radiography has many advantages over traditional analog type dental X-Rays.
- Digital X-Rays use much less radiation (50% less!)
- Higher quality images for better diagnosis
- Ability to magnify and enhance the images to enhance diagnosis of dental problems
- No need to develop in a darkroom. The images are instant which makes the appointment shorter
- No messy or smelly chemicals/ kinder to the environment
- The digital sensor that is used in the mouth does not have any sharp edges and is much more comfortable for the patient